Welcome

Hi boys and girls ,welcome to my blog, here you'll find the summaries of our classes, and many things more. I hope you find it useful.
See you.

viernes, 3 de junio de 2011

At the Restaurant (I) En El restaurante (I)

Ordering Food in a Restaurant

Una de las tareas más  útiles en inglés es saber cómo debemos pedir la comida y bebida que deseamos tener cuando vayamos a restaurante, e incluso a un “Chiringuito” en la playa este verano. Y si no, también puedes ir al bar de tu barrio y pedirle  un “par de huevos” (a pair of fried eggs) en inglés al camarero y de paso te los comes.
Hay una serie de formas básicas que te pueden ser muy útiles así como vocabulario relacionado con  la comida que podrás usar en lugares donde  la gente habla inglés.

Booking a Table [bukin a teibol] Reservar una mesa.

  • I'd like to reserve / book a table for four at 8pm, please.
[aid laik tu riserv/buk a teibol for four at eit piem, plis]
Quisiera reservar una mesa para cuatro a nombre de Hans por favour.
  • I'd like to book a table for two at 8 in the name of Hand, please.
[aid laik tu buk a teibol for two at eit in de neim of Jans, plis]
Quisiera reservar una mesa para cuatro a nombre de Hans por favour.
  • Could we have a table by the window, please?
[kud wi hav a teibol bai de windou, plis]
¿Podria ser una mesa al lado de la ventana?
  • Could we have a non-smoking table, please?
[kud wi hav a non esmokin  teibol , plis]
¿Podria ser una mesa de no fumadores?
Placing Your Order .Haciendo tu pedido
  • I'd like the.............., please.
[aid laik de …, plis] Quisiera …. Por favor
  • For starter I'll have the soup and for the main course I'd like the roast beef.
[for starters ail hav de sup and for de mein course aid laik the rost bif]
De entrante tomaré sopa y de plato principal me gustaria carne asada.
  • Could I have chips and a pair of fried eggs, please?
[kud ai hav chips and a pea of fraid egs, plis]
¿Puedo tomar patatas firtas y un par de huevos fritos.
  • What is the house special today?
[guat is de jaus especial tudei]
¿Cual es el especial de la casa hoy?
  • Is there anything you would recommend?
[is der enizing yu ricomend me]
¿Hay algo que me recomiende?
  • Could I see the wine menu, please?
[kud ai si: de guain meniu, plis?]
¿Puedo ver la carta de vinos
  • I'll have a bottle of .......
[ail hava a botel of ...]
Tomaré una botella de ...
  • I'll have a glass of house red/white, please.
[ail hav a glass ov jaus red/guait, plis]
Tomaré un vaso de vino de la casa tinto/blanco.
  • Which wine would you recommend?
[guich guain duiu recomen]
¿Que vino me recomienda?

Complaining- [compleining]: Quejas
  • Excuse me, but my meal is cold.
[esquiusme bat de mil is kold]
Perdone pero la comida esta fria.
  • Excuse me; we've been waiting for over half an hour for our drinks.
[esquiusme; gui bi bin gueitin for ouva jalv an aua for aua drinks]
Perdone; hemos estado esperando durante media hora nuestras bebidas.
  • I'm sorry but I ordered the  salad not the vegetables.
[aim sori bat ai orderd de salad not de vechbols]
Perdone pero yo pedí la ensalada no la verdura.
  • Excuse me this steak is over done, I ordered rare.
[esquiusme;dis estic is ouva dan, ai orderd reir]
Perdone es filete esta muy hecho, yo lo pedi poco (hecho)
  • I'm afraid this wine tastes corked.
[aim afraid dis wine teistis corkt]
Me temo que este vino esta picado.
Arriving at the Restaurant [araiving at de restaurant]: Llegar al restaurante
  • Good evening, the name is Hand. I have a table booked for six.
[gud ivinin, de neim is Jand.ai hav a teibol bukt for six]
Buenas noches, el nombre es Hand. Tengo una mesa reservada para seis]
  • Do you have the menu in English/German/French ..., please?
[duiu hav de meniu in inglish/german/ French ... plis]
¿Tiene el menu en ingles/aleman/frances?]
  • Do you have a high chair for young children, please?
[duiu hava jai chea for young children,plis?
Tiene una silla alta para niños, por favour?
  • Could we have a table over there, please?
[kud gui hav a teibol ouva der, plis?
¿Podemos tener una mesa por allí,por favor?
  • I'm sorry but I asked for a table by the window.
[aim sori bat ai askt for a teibol bai de guindou]
Lo siento pero pedi una mesa al lado de la ventana.
  • Could we have an extra chair, please?
[kud wi hav an extra chear]
¿Podemos tener una silla extra?
During/After the Meal[diurin/afta de mil]: Durante /después de la comida
  • Could we have some more bread, please?
[kud wi hav sam bred, plis]
¿Podemos tomar algo de pan?
  • Could you pass me the salt, please?
[kud iu pas mi de salt, plis]
¿Me puede pasar la sal, por favor?
  • That was delicious. My compliments to the chef.
[dat guas delicious. Mai compliment tu de chef]
Estaba de licioso .mis felicitaciones al chef.
Paying [peing]: Pagar
  • Could I have the bill, please?
[kud ai hav de bil. Plis]
La cuenta, por favor.
  • Do you take Visa?
[du iu  teik visa]
Aceptan visa
  • We'd like separate bills, please.
[Guid laik separeit bils. Plis]
Quisieramos cuentas separadas.
  • Is service included?
[Is servis includid]
Esta el servicio incluido.
  • No, please. This is on me. (When you wish to pay for everyone.)
[nou, plis. Dis is on mi]
No, por favor. Esto es mio. (Cuando deseas pagar tu todo)

A continuación tenéis un ejemplo
Menu
Starters
Chicken Soup               2.50 €
Salad                           3.25 €
Sandwiches - Main Course
Ham and cheese           3.50 €
Tuna                            3.00 €
Vegetarian                    4.00 €
Grilled Cheese              2.50 €
Piece of Pizza              2.50 €
Cheeseburger               4.50 €
Hamburger deluxe         5.00 €
Spaghetti                      5.50 €
                                                             A pair of fried eggs              3.00 €
Drinks
Coffee                          1.25 €
Tea                              1.25 €
Soft Drinks:
Coke, Sprite, Root Beer 1.75 €

Dialogue
Waiter: Hello, Can I help you? What would you like?
[jelou kan ai jelp iu? Guat gud iu laik] Hola, ¿Puedo ayudarle? ¿Qué le gustaría?
Eugenio: Yes, I'd like to have some lunch.
[ies aid laik tu hav sam lanch] Si, quisiera almorzar.
Waiter:What  would you like for starter?
[guat wud iu laik for starter] ¿Que desea de entrantes?
Eugenio: Yes, I'd like a bowl of chicken soup, please.
[ies, aid laik a bol of chiken sup,plis]
Si, quisiera un bol de sopa de pollo, por favor
Waiter: And what would you like for  main course?
[and guat gud iu laik for mein curs]
¿Y que desea de plato principal?
Eugenio: I'd like a pair of fried eggs.
[aid laik a pear ov fraid eggs]
Quisiera un par de huevos fritos.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
[gud iu laik anizing tu drink]
¿Desea algo para beber?
Eugenio: Yes, I'd like a glass of Coke, please.
[ies aid laik a glas of couk, plis]
Si quisiera un vaso de Coca-Cola, por favor.
Waiter... Can I bring you anything else?
[kan ai bring iu anizing els
¿Le traigo algo mas?
Eugenio: No thank you. Just the bill.
No ,zenkiu.jast de bill]
No ,gracias solo la cuenta.
Waiter: Certainly.
[certainly] claro.
Eugenio:  How much is it?
[jau mach is it]
¿Cuanto es?
Waiter: That's € 5.25.
[dats faiv point twenty-faiv euros] Son cinco con veinticinco.
Eugenio: Here you are. Thank you very much.
[jia iu ar.zenkiu very mach] Aqui tiene ,muchas gracias.
Waiter: You're welcome. Have a good day.
[iur guelcom. Hav a gu dei] De nada. Que tenga un buen dia.
Eugenio: Thank you, the same to you.
[zenkiu, de seim tu iu] Gracias, le deseo lo mismo.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario